Involved in the acquisition and transactions of several mixed-use lifestyle commercial/retail/office developments.
Andrew M. Shott
Andy Shott is a partner in Bricker & Eckler's Real Estate group and is located in the Cincinnati / Dayton office. His legal practice is concentrated in the areas of real estate development, commercial law, commercial lending, commercial lease transactions, mixed-use finance transactions, land use planning and zoning, and housing and urban development law. He assists clients with successful planning, zoning, finance, development, construction, management, purchase, and sale of a wide variety of real estate developments, including multi-family housing, historic renovation, low income tax credit housing, office development, retail centers, and industrial properties and represents clients in real estate valuation appeals before state administrative agencies and courts.
- Member and Past Chairman, Cedar Village Foundation
- Member and Past Chairman, Board of Trustees of Cedar Village
- Member, Allocations Committee of Jewish Federation of Cincinnati
- Member, Board of Trustees of Halom House
- Member, Affordable Housing Subcommittee, American Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Cincinnati Bar Association
- Recipient, Board Trustee of The Year, Association of Jewish Aging Services
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (real estate law, real estate litigation) 2005-2015; Cincinnati Lawyer of the Year in Litigation-Real Estate, 2014
- Ranked as AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed, Super Lawyers of Ohio
- University of Virginia (B.A., with high distinction 1977; Phi Beta Kappa; J.D. 1981)
Best Lawyers recognizes Bricker & Eckler attorneys
Bricker & Eckler Practice Areas Make National “Best Law Firms” List
Best Lawyers Bestows Honors on Bricker & Eckler Attorneys
Cincy Magazine names Andy Shott a “Charitable All-Star”
Bricker & Eckler Attorneys Named to National "Best Lawyers" List
Involved in 40+ mixed-finance low-income housing tax credit projects in Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Florida and Texas.
Assisted clients in acquiring 3-39 properties in scattered site locations to build an apartment project portfolio.
Served as counsel in several tax-exempt and taxable housing revenue bond acquisition and renovation transactions throughout the Midwest.
Assisted with the $33 million HUD refinance of a 900+ unit multi-family housing project. This is the largest Green Initiative Project HUD has underwritten and financed.
Involved in a $45 million federal HOPE VI redevelopment housing project in Cincinnati, Ohio.