Represented a client before the Federal and Ohio Elections Commissions on a variety of election and campaign finance matters.
Christiane W. Schmenk
Chris Schmenk serves as Of Counsel with Bricker & Eckler's Public Finance group. She has vast public sector experience and served most recently as Director of the Ohio Development Services Agency. In this position she restructured the department after the launch of JobsOhio and was a member of Governor Kasich's cabinet. Before becoming director, she was chief legal counsel for the department and assisted in the formation and launch of JobsOhio. From 2008 to 2011 she was the elected mayor of Marysville, Ohio.
She has also served as in-house legal counsel for Wendy's International and as Vice President for External Affairs for The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company. While at Scotts, she worked on complex legal matters including mergers and acquisitions, local and state permitting, governmental licensing and labeling, environmental health and safety issues, and employment matters. She also headed Scotts’ Government Affairs team.
- Vice Chair, Foundation for Appalachian Ohio Board of Trustees
- Board Member, Women’s Small Business Accelerator, Inc., 2013-present
- Member, Ohio Northern University Board of Trustees, 2012-present
- Member, The Hope Center Marysville Board of Trustees, 2012-present
- President, Union County Chamber of Commerce, 2004, 2006
- Member, Memorial Hospital of Union County Board of Trustees, 2005-2007
- Member, Marysville Public Library Board of Trustees, 1995-2002
- Ranked, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Named, Ohio Republican Woman of the Year, 2012
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 1984)
- Ohio Northern University (B.A., 1981)
Five simple steps to ensure state award compliance
AG report shows benefit of incentive compliance efforts
Ohio’s mid-biennium review budget bill released
Ballot issues as economic investment tools
Economic impact of shale development in Ohio on the rise
Shale, oil and gas processing facility to be built in Wood County
Chris Schmenk Joins Bricker & Eckler