David J. Lampe
David Lampe is a partner in Bricker & Eckler's Education group who practices education, labor and employment law. His practice emphasizes the representation of public school districts and educational service centers on matters involving education law; public sector labor law; collective bargaining; grievance arbitration; unfair labor practice charges; employment law; harassment, discrimination and misconduct investigations; policy development; student matters; litigation; and workers' compensation.
David has both trained administrators and presented at education law forums across Ohio on a wide assortment of matters affecting public schools such as employee evaluation, discipline and nonrenewal; collective bargaining; harassment, discrimination and misconduct investigations; Public Records Act; Open Meetings Act; First Amendment and cyber law issues; special education; student residency, tuition, attendance and custody; student homelessness; hazing and bullying; student privacy laws; transportation; media relations; board ethics; and workers compensation.
David has also served as counsel for school boards and public agencies before the State Employment Relations Board, Office of Civil Rights, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Ohio Civil Rights Commission, Industrial Commission of Ohio, Board of Revisions, federal and state court, and numerous arbitrators. He has also represented private sector clients before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Guest lecturer, Xavier University - Masters in Education Program
- Member, Cincinnati Public School’s Adopt-A-Class Program
- Member, Ohio Counsel of School Board Attorneys, National School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys
- "Is Worker Misclassification on Your Radar? If It's Not, Maybe It Should Be," Cities & Villages, 2014
- Presenter, Mayors Association of Ohio Annual Conference, 2014
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Admitted, Ohio (2000), Kentucky (2001), U.S. District Court, S.D. Ohio (2001)
- Listed, Ohio Super Lawyers®—Rising Stars Edition in Schools & Education 2009, 2012-2013
- The Ohio State University (J.D., 2000)
- University of Oxford - United Kingdom, Comparative Law Program (1998)
- University of Cincinnati (B.B.A. in finance, 1997)