Successfully obtained temporary restraining order on an expedited timeline for oil and gas company to install a pipeline in eastern Ohio.
Frank L. Merrill
Frank Merrill is a partner and chair of Bricker & Eckler's Energy, Public Utilities & Environmental law group. He practices in the areas of environmental law, emphasizing the effect of environmental law on real estate transactions, solid and hazardous waste representation, land use, Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act litigation and commercial real estate transactions. He is the environmental counsel for the Ohio Manufacturers' Association.
He has successfully obtained and defended through the administrative process operating permits for several solid waste disposal facilities; has successfully defended hazardous waste burning facilities from various regulatory and citizen-group challenges and counsels hazardous waste disposal facilities and hazardous waste generators on compliance with RCRA, TSCA, Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act. In addition, he counsels real estate developers and private property owners on wetlands issues and regulatory takings claims.
- Member, Bricker & Eckler’s Southeast Ohio team
- Ohio Alliance for the Environment, Past President; Advisor to the Board of Directors
- Member, American, Ohio State and Columbus Bar Associations
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (environmental litigation) 2005-2015; Columbus Lawyer of the Year in Litigation - Environmental, 2014
- Recognized by ChambersUSA in Natural Resources & Environment Law with a Band 2 ranking, 2012-2015; Band 3 ranking 2008-2011
- Rated as BV Distinguished by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer, Ohio Super Lawyers 2008-2009
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Dartmouth College (B.A., 1981)
Impact of the solvent wipe rule in Ohio
U.S. Supreme Court Agrees to Hear Greenhouse Gas Appeals
Best Lawyers Recognizes Bricker & Eckler Attorneys
Local law firm, lawyers ranked in Chambers USA
Bricker & Eckler Practice Areas Make National “Best Law Firms” List
Best Lawyers Bestows Honors on Bricker & Eckler Attorneys
Bricker & Eckler opens law office in Marietta
Served as a consultant to a national oil and gas trade association that represents companies involved in all aspects of the oil and natural gas industry. Led legislation and policy initiatives and addressed taxation concerns and regulatory issues impacting the oil and gas industry in Ohio.