Led the restructuring of numerous personal property secured transactions as counsel for both senior and mezzanine lenders.
Gordon W. Johnston
Gordie Johnston provides representation to creditors and debtors in transactions involving loan negotiation and documentation (including asset-based lending and general personal property secured transactions), loan workouts and restructurings, reorganization and insolvency proceedings, and in matters involving general commercial law.
Gordie's principal focus is on the representation of bank and non-bank creditors in commercial and industrial loan transactions, and loan workouts. Gordie also provides significant support to the firm's real estate loan transaction attorneys. He has authored several articles regarding personal property secured transactions under the Uniform Commercial Code and has lectured at various local, state and national seminars regarding debtor-creditor relations and personal property secured lending.
- Member, Board of Directors, Wittenberg University, 1994 - 2006; Vice Chair, 2004 - 2005
- President, Wittenberg University Alumni Association, 1989 - 1991; Member of Alumni Board, 1981 - 1993
- Member, American Bar Association, Section of Business Law; Chair, Institutes and Seminars Committee, 1991 - 1995; Commercial Financial Services Committee; Uniform Commercial Code Committee
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association; Chair, Banking, Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Committee, 1985 - 1987
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Fellow, the American Bar Foundation
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (Banking and Finance Law; Commercial Finance Law; Commercial Transactions / UCC Law; Equipment Finance Law), 1995–2017
- Listed, Ohio Super Lawyers (Banking; Bankruptcy: Business), 2004–2017
- Recognized, ChambersUSA, Banking & Finance with a Band 2 ranking, 2016; Band 3 ranking, 2013–2015
- Columbus Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers in America (Equipment Finance Law), 2012
- Fellow, the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- Ranked, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- The University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 1976)
- Wittenberg University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1973)
Bricker attorneys named 2017 Ohio Super Lawyers
Bricker & Eckler attorneys earn Best Lawyers 2017 recognition
Bricker & Eckler attorneys selected for inclusion in the 2016 Ohio Super Lawyers list
Best Lawyers recognizes Bricker & Eckler attorneys
Served as lender’s co-counsel in the negotiation and documentation of a variety of solar farm development and financing projects.
As lender's lead counsel, negotiated and documented numerous asset-based financings, including an asset-based financing transaction in excess of $500 million.
Represented a permanent lender in connection with senior term loan and tax credit bridge loan financing for several solar facilities located in North Carolina.
Served as lead counsel for the borrower in connection with a $100 million series of financings to develop a consumer products manufacturing facility.
Represent a national platform bank in connection with a $50,000,000 line of credit facility secured by over 2,000 acres of real estate collateral.
Staying active is a way of life for Gordie. He enjoys biking, hiking and golfing with family and friends.
Gordie treasures spending time with his grandchildren.
A devoted lover of Labradors, Gordie enjoys the companionship of his four-legged friends.