Formed and worked with the Southeastern Ohio Landowners Association (SEOLA) to combine the acreage of landowners in five southeastern counties in order to negotiate oil and gas leases with multiple energy companies. SEOLA blossomed into the longest-lasting and most successful landowners group in Ohio with a dozen deals closed with eight different oil and gas companies, involving approximately 70,000 acres and more than $300 million in upfront, per-acre bonus payments to SEOLA landowners.
Gregory J. Lestini
Greg Lestini is a partner in Bricker & Eckler's Government Relations, Insurance and Public Sector groups. Greg focuses his practice on the connection between law and public policy, utilizing years of experience in state and local government. He advocates for trade associations, private business and not-for-profit interests before the Ohio legislature, state agencies, and regulatory bodies. Greg also serves on Bricker & Eckler’s Southeast Ohio and Shale task forces.
Greg advises clients on complex regulatory and legislative issues in the insurance, health care, solid waste and agricultural industries. He also lobbies state, local, and federal elected officials on behalf of those clients. His counsel includes strategic development, coalition building, legal analysis and drafting.
He is active in social media and maintains his own twitter account along with The American Bar Association's Tort Trial and Insurance Practices Insurance Regulation twitter account (@ABATIPSREG).
Greg is a former Chief of Staff for the Ohio Senate Democratic Caucus; a Legislative Analyst for the Office of the President Pro Tem of the Columbus City Council; and a legislative aide with the Ohio Senate.
- Member, Bricker & Eckler’s Southeast Ohio team
- Member, Board of Trustees, Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (Franklin County At-Large)
- Member, Board of Trustees, Association of Ohio Recyclers, 2011-present
- Orator, Order Sons of Italy in America, Scoprimento Lodge #2599
- Speaker, "Government Affairs Quick Hits," Bricker & Eckler LLP CLE seminar, July 22, 2014
- Admitted, State of Ohio; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- The Ohio State University (J.D. 2002) Moot Court Chief Justice
- The Ohio State University (B.A. political science and international peace studies, magna cum laude 1999)
Ohio House releases substitute budget bill for 2016-2017
Governor Kasich presents annual State of the State Address
U.S. Senate adjourns without passing TRIA reauthorization
2014 post-general election update
Bricker & Eckler elects new partners
Bricker & Eckler opens law office in Marietta
Actively represented more than 30 clients before the Ohio General Assembly, state agencies and local government entities. Longtime clients include the Association of Ohio Life Insurance Companies, the Ohio Manufacturers’ Association, the Ohio Association of Physician Assistants and Northeast Ohio Public Energy Council.
Assisted a client in understanding state procurement, bid protests and contract requirements.