Successfully obtained temporary restraining order on an expedited timeline for oil and gas company to install a pipeline in eastern Ohio.
Jennifer A. Flint
Jennifer Flint is a member of Bricker & Eckler's Education group and participates in the firm's appellate practice group. In 2009, she became certified as an Appellate Law Specialist by the Ohio State Bar Association.
- Represents boards of education and county boards of developmental disabilities in general litigation matters, employment-related matters, including labor grievances and arbitration and employee disciplinary, contract non-renewal, and employee termination proceedings.
- Advises boards of education on matters relating to Ohio High School Athletic Association matters, including OHSAA compliance.
- Represents boards of education and other political subdivisions in eminent domain proceedings and advises local governments on other land-use issues, including school territory transfers and municipal annexation.
- Represents various clients in R.C. 2505/2506 and 119 administrative appeals, original actions (mandamus), and election law matters.
- Prepares school board policies and administrative guidelines.
- Advises school districts on matters relating to school enrollment and attendance, custody, and tuition.
- Advises school districts on public records and student records laws.
- Drafts vendor contracts and RFPs/RFQs for boards of education and other political subdivisions.
- Former Judicial Law Clerk at the 10th District Court of Appeals, drafted appellate opinions regarding civil, administrative, domestic relations and criminal law.
- Former Assistant Director of Common Cause/Ohio, drafted memoranda and supporting documents for Ohio campaign finance reform legislation; advised governing board of legal issues relating to pending legislation; and prepared testimony before legislative committees.
- Pro Bono guardian ad litem, CBA / Moritz College of Law Justice for Children Project
- Trustee, Worthington Educational Foundation
- Pro Bono Clinic for YWCA Family Center
- Member, Evening Street Elementary School PTA
- Member, Ohio Council of School Board Attorneys
- Member, National School Boards Association
- Member, Sponsorship Committee of the YWCA's 10th Anniversary Woman to Woman
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Ohio State Bar Association Certified Specialist – Appellate Law
- Member, Ohio State and Columbus Bar Associations; Member, CBA Common Pleas, governmental agencies, admissions and employment law committees
- Fellow, Ohio State Bar Foundation
- Admitted, Ohio Supreme Court, United States District Court, Southern and Northern District of Ohio
- Listed Ohio Super Lawyers (Schools & Education, Appellate), 2015
- Listed, Ohio Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition, 2005
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (education law), 2010-2015
- Capital University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1992); Order of the Curia
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 1988)
Westerville Tax Repeal Issue Rejected by Ohio Supreme Court
Bricker & Eckler Attorneys Named Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Stars
Best Lawyers Recognizes Bricker & Eckler Attorneys
Best Lawyers Bestows Honors on Bricker & Eckler Attorneys
Bricker & Eckler Attorneys Named to National "Best Lawyers" List
Provided comprehensive representation of large, interstate natural gas pipeline company regarding a $450 million project for 76 miles of new 30-inch diameter pipeline and associated support facilities in Ohio. The project included environmental permitting and regulatory advice, real estate negotiations and transactional support, eminent domain litigation and work with local governments on road use maintenance agreements.