Nelson M. Reid
Nelson Reid is a partner and former chair of Bricker & Eckler's Litigation group. He practices general civil litigation with an emphasis on consumer finance litigation. His representation of clients includes trial and appellate practice, commercial and business disputes, contract and lease litigation, tort and negligence actions, temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction litigation, real estate litigation, and zoning litigation.
Nelson regularly represents lenders and servicers against claims alleging violations of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, and Fair Credit Reporting Act as well as other federal and state law claims. Nelson also regularly represents wireless communications providers in litigation related to wireless communication facilities.
- Committee Member, Boy Scout Troop 268, Worthington, Ohio
- Former Member, Franklin County Republication Central Committee
- Former President, Board of Trustees, Berlin Presbyterian Church
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, Rebuilding Together Columbus
- Graduate, Leadership Columbus
- Admitted, Ohio Supreme Court; U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio; U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit; the U.S. Supreme Court
- Member, Columbus Bar Association; Federal Bar Association, Columbus Chapter
- Ohio Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2007, 2009, 2011
- Duke University School of Law (J.D., 1997)
- Dartmouth College (B.A., 1994)