Sally W. Bloomfield
Sally Bloomfield is a partner in Bricker & Eckler's Regulated Industries group. For more than 30 years, she has practiced in the areas of public utility and administrative law emphasizing state public utility regulatory proceedings. Sally has extensive experience before the Ohio Power Siting Board, having been involved in more than 15 major electric generation projects involving development costs of more than $2 billion. More recently, she has represented wind developers before the Board. Her other representations have included water utilities, independent power generation companies, and wind developers, but she also has experience in representing competitive telecommunications...
» See All Narrative
Public & Community Service
- Member, CALL, Inc. 1977 to 1988; President, 1981; and Trustee, 1982.
- Member, Pro Bono program, Lawyers for Justice of the Columbus Bar Association 1995 to present.
- Vice Chair, Franklin County Convention Facilities Authority, 1996 to present; member, 1988 to present; Chairman, 1988 to 1990
» See All Community Service
Presentations & Published Works
- Co-author, "Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Financing: The Ohio Story," published by Electricity Journal, December 2010.
- Frequent presenter on the revamp of IRS Form 990, 2009 to the present
- Author, "Equal Opportunities in the Profession/Gender Bias" chapter of the Handbook on Legal Ethics and Professionalism published by the Ohio Continuing Legal Education Institute and the Ethics Institute of Capital University in 1995
» See All Presentations & Published Works
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Columbus Bar Association, Ohio Bar Association, American Bar Association
- Admitted: New York
Awards & Recognition
- Super Lawyer, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2004 to 2014
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America (energy law; water law) 1995-2014
- Ranked as AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
» See All Awards & Recognition
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., 1969)
- Ohio Wesleyan University; St. Louis University (B.A., 1965)