Doug Shevelow, P.E.
Doug Shevelow is a partner in Bricker & Eckler's Construction group and the Energy, Public Utilities & Environmental group. His practice focuses on litigation and transactional law pertaining to heavy/highway and other construction issues for owners and contractors such as differing site conditions, implied warranty of plans and specifications and underground utility protection and bid disputes. He has prepared and negotiated numerous design/bid/build and design/build construction contracts for contractors and public and private owners for projects ranging from $400,000 skate park construction to $28 million wastewater treatment plant rehabilitation.
Doug also has significant experience in representing clients against citations issued by OSHA and asserting defenses such as employee misconduct, inapplicability of the cited standard, greater hazard, and non-exposure to the hazard.
Represented a city against an international manufacturer of large-scale wastewater treatment equipment when a tertiary filter did not meet performance expectations
Represented a county against a defunct sewer contractor and its surety, leading to a $3.5 million settlement because of defective and incomplete work
Represented a city against a contractor’s claims of differing site conditions and defective plans on an upland reservoir that covered 100 acres
» See All Representative Experience
Awards & Recognition
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (construction law) 2014-2015
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2012-2014
- Recognized by The Ohio Society of Professional Engineers for achieving the highest grade in the state on the 1994 Environmental Engineering Examination for Professional Engineers
- Capital University, (J.D., summa cum laude, 2004); Order of the Curia
- The Ohio State University, (B.S., Civil Engineering, 1990)