David M. Whittaker
David Whittaker is a partner in Bricker & Eckler's Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy group. He has spent more than 30 years representing insolvent and struggling businesses in restructuring or liquidation. David has advised emerging and successful businesses on growth and planning; handled asset sales and acquisitions; litigated complicated bankruptcy matters; served as a mediator in complex and multi-party cases; and served as a Chapter 7 Trustee in approximately 20,000 cases.
David has represented many commercial debtors in successful Chapter 11 reorganizations and liquidations. He also has represented creditors in Chapter 11 cases and workouts. He has served as a Chapter 11...
» See All Narrative
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, local Bankruptcy Rules Committee for the Southern District of Ohio. He also served a prior term on the local Bankruptcy Rules Committee in 2002 and 2003.
Presentations & Published Works
- Presented a session on bankruptcy mediation matters for The National Association of Credit Managers regional meeting in 2013.
- Panelist on bankruptcy mediation issues for a Columbus Bar Association Bankruptcy Committee meeting in 2012.
- Panelist on the role of the mediator at the ABI Mid-Atlantic Conference in Cambridge, Maryland in 2012.
» See All Presentations & Published Works
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio; U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio; U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio; Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Columbus Bar Association, Bankruptcy Committee and Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
» See All Bar Admissions & Activities
Awards & Recognition
- Listed, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2005-2014
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (bankruptcy/creditor debtor rights, bankruptcy litigation) 1995-2014
- Recognized by ChambersUSA in Bankruptcy/Restructuring Law with a Band 4 ranking, 2013
- The Ohio State University (J.D., 1979)
- Wright State University (B.A., 1976)
- Attended a 40-hour mediation training program in 2011 that was jointly sponsored by the ABI and the St. John’s Law School.