David M. Whittaker
David Whittaker is a partner in Bricker & Eckler's Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy group. He has spent more than 30 years representing insolvent and struggling businesses in restructuring or liquidation. David has advised emerging and successful businesses on growth and planning; handled asset sales and acquisitions; litigated complicated bankruptcy matters; served as a mediator in complex and multi-party cases; and served as a Chapter 7 Trustee in approximately 20,000 cases.
David has represented many commercial debtors in successful Chapter 11 reorganizations and liquidations. He also has represented creditors in Chapter 11 cases and workouts. He has served as a Chapter 11...
» See All Narrative
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio; U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio; U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio; Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Columbus Bar Association Bankruptcy and Judicial Liaison Committee in 2010 and 2011
» See All Bar Admissions & Activities
Awards & Recognition
- Listed, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2005-2014
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (bankruptcy/creditor debtor rights, bankruptcy litigation) 1995-2014
- Recognized by ChambersUSA in Bankruptcy/Restructuring Law with a Band 4 ranking, 2013
- The Ohio State University (J.D., 1979)
- Wright State University (B.A., 1976)