Chris Bennington is a partner in Bricker & Eckler's Health Care group and is located in the Cincinnati/Dayton office. His practice focuses on representing managed care organizations and hospitals on matters involving fraud and abuse, privacy, regulatory compliance, Medicaid managed care, and managed care contracting. Chris also regularly provides general counsel services to the firm's health care clients.
Chris provides on-site training to clients and presents at health care law forums across the country on a wide assortment of regulatory and compliance matters, including the False Claims Act, HIPAA, and the HITECH Act.
Chris serves as counsel to managed care organizations and hospitals before federal and Ohio regulatory agencies, including U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (Administrative Law Judges). He also represents health care clients with regard to government investigations and federal False Claims Act Qui Tam actions.
Professional & Community Activities
- Board Member, A Special Wish Foundation, Dayton
- Member, Muskingum University Alumni Council
- Member, Society of Ohio Healthcare Attorneys
» See All Professional & Community Activities
Presentations & Published Works
- "Privacy and Security of Sensitive Employee Information: What Every Employer Needs to Know," Association of Corporate Counsel, Southwest Ohio Chapter, June 5, 2014
- "Carve in or Carve out? Paving the Way for an Increase in Litigation under the Affordable Care Act," American Conference Institute, Managed Care Disputes & Litigation Advanced Forum, May 15-16, 2014
- "HIPAA Audits: Are you ready for the next wave?" Ohio Hospital Association-Bricker & Eckler Webinar, May 21, 2014
» See All Presentations & Published Works
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dayton Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Client Choice Award, 2015
- Ohio Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2009, 2014, 2015
- The Ohio State University (J.D., with honors, 2004)
- Muskingum College (B.A., summa cum laude, 2001)