Margaret M. Baron
Peggy Baron is a member of Bricker & Eckler's Employment and Health Care groups. Her practice focuses on employee benefits with experience in qualified retirement plans, 457 plans, 403(b) plans, nonqualified deferred compensation plans, welfare plans, cafeteria plans and ESOPs. Additionally, Peggy has handled a variety of ERISA issues; designs qualified retirement plans, welfare benefit plans and executive compensation programs; reviews plans for compliance with IRS regulations; and has reviewed qualified and nonqualified plans and welfare plans in mergers and acquisitions.
Peggy has also represented clients in Department of Labor and IRS audits and has negotiated with the IRS to reduce assessed penalties.
She regularly provides onsite training for clients and presents on topics such as the Affordable Care Act, fringe benefit taxation and executive compensation.
Presentations & Published Works
- "Affordable Care Act Update," Central Ohio Human Resource Directors meeting, February 7, 2014
- "Affordable Care Act Compliance Issues for Higher Education," Ohio Attorney General's Campus Counsel Meeting, January 31, 2014
- “Affordable Care Act: Employer Shared Responsibility Update,” OAMIC: Meeting the Challenge, October 24, 2013
» See All Presentations & Published Works
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Admitted to practice in Ohio and Indiana
- Indiana University (J.D., M.B.A., 1997) Order of the Coif; member, Indiana Law Journal editorial staff
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A. economics, magna cum laude)