Christiane W. Schmenk
Chris Schmenk serves as of counsel with Bricker & Eckler's Public Finance group. She has vast public sector service having
most recently been Director of the Ohio Development Services Agency. In this position she restructured the department after the launch of JobsOhio and was a member of Governor Kasich's cabinet. Before becoming director, she was chief legal counsel for the department and assisted in the formation and launch of JobsOhio.
Among her many accomplishments in these positions, she served as chair for the high-profile Third Frontier Commission, coordinating staff support while facilitating communications and consensus among an 11 member board consisting of business executives, Governor Kasich's Science and Technology Advisor and the JobsOhio CIO; led Kaizen events, achieving significant progress in the business loan incentive program, the Home Energy Assistance Program, the Home Weatherization Assistance Program and the Supportive Housing Program; and...
» See All Narrative
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Foundation for Appalachian Ohio Board of Trustees
- Board Member, Women’s Small Business Accelerator, Inc., 2013 to present
- Member, Ohio Northern University Board of Trustees, 2012-present
» See All Professional & Community Activities
Awards & Recognition
- Ranked as AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Ohio Republican Woman of the Year 2012
- The Ohio State University (J.D. 1984)
- Ohio Northern University (B.A. 1981)