Kenneth C. Johnson
Ken Johnson is a partner and chairs Bricker & Eckler's Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy group. His practice includes bankruptcy, commercial law and real estate, concentrating in workout reorganization, and foreclosure, usually representing secured creditors in both commercial and consumer transactions.
Ken has been lead counsel in numerous mortgage enforcement proceedings including foreclosure and receivership actions and bank counsel with respect to major real property and commercial loan workouts.
Ken represents secured lenders in bankruptcy cases under Chapters 7, 11 and 13 and serves as bankruptcy counsel with respect to significant asset acquisitions in Chapters 11...
» See All Narrative
Public & Community Service
- Certified, Business Bankruptcy Specialist by the American Board of Certification
- Chairman, 1998-99, Bankruptcy Subcommittee, Ohio State Bar Association Banking, Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Committee
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
» See All Community Service
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Member, American Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Association (Banking, Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Committee), and Columbus Bar Association (Real Estate and Bankruptcy Committees)
- Chair, 2002-2005, Ohio State Bar Association Banking, Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Committee
Awards & Recognition
- Listed, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2004-2012, 2014
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (bankruptcy and creditor-debtor rights; bankruptcy litigation) 2005-2014, (insolvency and reorganization law) 2014
- Ranked as AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
» See All Awards & Recognition
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1979)
- Denison University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1976); Member, Phi Beta Kappa