Catherine M. Ballard
Catherine Ballard is a partner at the law firm of Bricker & Eckler and vice-chair of its Health Care practice group. She works with clients in the areas of hospital/medical staff integration, medical staff and hospital-employed physician integration, quality assessment and performance improvement, and related peer review matters. She develops medical staff/advanced practice provider governing documents, and she provides advice on Medicare conditions of participation and private accreditation, provider scope of practice, physician recruitment/employment, and general patient care.
Catherine currently serves as the executive director for Bricker’s affiliated consulting company, The Quality Management Consulting Group, Ltd., which provides services in the areas of performance improvement, external peer review, community health needs assessments, and HIPAA compliance.
From 1985 to 1987, she served as a law clerk to Judge John D. Holschuh of the Federal District...
» See All Narrative
Professional & Community Activities
- Member of Ethics Committee, National Association of Medical Staff Services
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association and Society of Ohio Healthcare Attorneys
- Past President, Society of Ohio Healthcare Attorneys
» See All Professional & Community Activities
Presentations & Published Works
- Regular speaker for the Ohio Hospital Association on a variety of health care issues
- "Off-Campus Privileges, Off-Kilter Practitioners," presentation for Ohio Association of Medical Staff Services
- What Does it Mean to Be Ethical? Synergy March/April 2011
» See All Presentations & Published Works
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Member, Federal, American and Ohio State Bar Associations
Awards & Recognition
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (health care law) 1995-2015
- Recognized by ChambersUSA in Health Care Law with a Band 3 ranking, 2013; Band 2 ranking, 2014
- Top 25 Women Columbus Ohio Super Lawyers, 2010-2014
» See All Awards & Recognition
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude 1985); Member, Order of the Coif; Member, Ohio State Law Journal
- University of Louisville (B.A., 1975)