Frank L. Merrill
Frank Merrill is a partner and chair of Bricker & Eckler's Energy, Public Utilities & Environmental law group. He practices in the areas of environmental law, emphasizing the effect of environmental law on real estate transactions, solid and hazardous waste representation, land use, Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act litigation and commercial real estate transactions. He is the environmental counsel for the Ohio Manufacturers' Association.
He has successfully obtained and defended through the administrative process operating permits for several solid waste disposal facilities; has successfully defended hazardous waste burning facilities from various regulatory and citizen-group...
» See All Narrative
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Bricker & Eckler’s Southeast Ohio team.
- Ohio Alliance for the Environment, Past President; Advisor to the Board of Directors
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Member, American, Ohio State and Columbus Bar Associations
Awards & Recognition
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (environmental litigation) 2005-2014; Columbus Lawyer of the Year in Litigation - Environmental, 2014
- Rated as BV Distinguished by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized by ChambersUSA in Natural Resources & Environment Law with a Band 2 ranking, 2012-2013; Band 3 ranking 2008-2011
» See All Awards & Recognition
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Dartmouth College (B.A., 1981)