Karen M. Moore
Karen Moore is a partner with Bricker & Eckler and is chair of the firm's Trusts and Estates practice group. She practices estate planning and administration, emphasizing the drafting of wills and trusts with related estate, gift and generation skipping tax planning, and administration of estates and guardianships; and litigation involving trusts and estates. She serves as counsel to individuals and families and as attorney for a large number of estates and trusts. She counsels numerous fiduciaries and estate and trust beneficiaries in resolving disputes before litigation arises and serves as counsel in fiduciary litigation matters in court.
Karen is a current Regent Emerita...
» See All Narrative
Public & Community Service
- Adjunct professor, Estate Planning, Administration of Decedents’ Estates, Trusts and Wills, The Ohio State University College of Law (l978 – l985, 1991 – 1993, 2012 – 2013)
- President, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (2010-2011), Ohio State Chair (2000 – 2005), Regent Emerita (2011 - present)
- Director, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Foundation (2006 – 2012) (Secretary and Treasurer, 2006, 2007)
» See All Community Service
Presentations & Published Works
- Ohio Supreme Court Imposes $6,387,990 Penalty for Unauthorized Practice of Law in Creating Living Trusts, 20 Ohio Prob. L.J. 176A (2010)
- Overview of the OSBA Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section, 19 Ohio Prob. L.J. 158 (2009).
- Ohio Supreme Court Imposes $1,027,260 Civil Penalty for Unauthorized Practice of Law in Creating Living Trusts and Estate Plans, 16 Ohio Prob. L.J. 93 (2006).
» See All Presentations & Published Works
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Chair, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law Section of the Ohio State Bar Association (2007-2009); Executive Committee (2011-present)
Awards & Recognition
- Listed, Ohio Super Lawyers 2004-2013; Recognized in 2010-2013 as one of the Top 100 Ohio Lawyers, Top 50 Ohio Women Lawyers, Top 50 Columbus Lawyers, and Top 25 Columbus Women Lawyers
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (trusts & estates law; trusts & estates litigation) 1993-2013; 2012 Columbus Lawyer of the Year in Litigation - Trusts & Estates
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 1975); Member, Order of the Coif; Member, Board of Editors, Ohio State Law Journal
- Ohio University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1972)