Elisabeth A. Squeglia
Bette Squeglia is a partner in Bricker & Eckler’s Health Care group as well as the firm’s Government Relations and Insurance groups. Her practice includes insurance regulation, health care and legislative and government affairs with an emphasis on representation before state regulatory agencies, including the Ohio Department of Insurance. She is experienced in the formation of insurance companies, managed care contracting, corporate transactions involving insurance companies, risk retention groups and health care organizations, and HIPAA privacy.
Bette has authored numerous pieces of legislation, including two major bond finance statutes and the act to regulate prepaid dental plans and is a frequent national speaker on insurance regulatory and privacy issues. She has served as Special Counsel to the Ohio Superintendent of Insurance and is a former chief of staff for the Ohio Senate Republican caucus.
Professional & Community Activities
- Former Member, Public Utilities Nominating Council
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Former Board Member, Private Industry Council of Columbus and Franklin County
» See All Professional & Community Activities
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Member, Health Law Forum, American Bar Association
- Member, American, Ohio State, and Columbus Bar Associations
Awards & Recognition
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (health care law) 2008-2015
- Ranked as AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., 1978)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 1971)