Allen R. Killworth
Allen Killworth is a partner in Bricker & Eckler's Health Care group, with a practice focusing on the day-to-day operations of a variety of health care facilities as well as those facilities' dealings with administrative agencies and court proceedings. Allen previously served as an attorney in the general counsel's office of a fully integrated health system in southwest Ohio.
He works with health care providers on a wide range of HIPAA privacy and security issues, including full and focused audits, breach investigations, assistance with OCR compliance investigations, policy drafting and implementation, and workforce training. He represents hospitals in medical staff and credentialing issues, including organization of medical staff bylaws and management of physician corrective actions. Allen also assists hospitals and other health care entities with survey and certification issues, including CMS surveys; as well as accreditation and licensure issues.
Professional & Community Activities
- Society of Ohio Healthcare Attorneys, President 2014-2015; Board of Directors 2007-present
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
Presentations & Published Works
- "HIPAA Hot Topics," HCCA Upper North Central Regional Annual Conference, Columbus, Ohio, May 9, 2014
- “HIPAA and Mobile Devices,” Ohio Association Medical Staff Services (OAMSS) Spring Conference, Columbus, Ohio, May 1, 2014
- “ODH Maternity Survey and Appeals Process," Ohio Hospital Association Maternal-Child Care Excellence Conference, Powell, Ohio, April 23, 2014
» See All Presentations & Published Works
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted to practice in Ohio and Minnesota
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Fellow, Ohio State Bar Foundation, Class of 2004
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized by ChambersUSA as Up and Coming in Health Care Law, 2014
- Ohio Super Lawyers 2013, 2014.
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (health care law) 2012-2014
» See All Awards & Recognition
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., 1997)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A., 1994)