Allen R. Killworth
Allen Killworth is a partner in Bricker & Eckler's Health Care group, with a practice focusing on the day-to-day operations of a variety of health care facilities as well as those facilities' dealings with administrative agencies and court proceedings. Allen previously served as an attorney in the general counsel's office of a fully integrated health system in southwest Ohio.
He works with health care providers on a wide range of HIPAA privacy and security issues, including full and focused audits, breach investigations, assistance with OCR compliance investigations, policy drafting and implementation, and workforce training. He represents hospitals in medical staff and...
» See All Narrative
Professional & Community Activities
- Society of Ohio Healthcare Attorneys, President 2014-2015; Board of Directors 2007-present
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
Presentations & Published Works
- "Review of the HIPAA Omnibus Rule (and a Look at What's Next...)," Ohio Hospital Association Annual Meeting, Columbus, Ohio, June 11, 2013
- "Update on the HIPAA Omnibus Rule," Health Ethics Trust, Columbus, Ohio, August 6, 2013
- “HIPAA Privacy and Security Audits,” American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) – Annual Convention, Chicago, Illinois, October 2012
» See All Presentations & Published Works
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted to practice in Ohio and Minnesota
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Fellow, Ohio State Bar Foundation, Class of 2004
Awards & Recognition
- Ohio Super Lawyers 2013, 2014.
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (health care law) 2012-2014
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2006-2007, 2009, 2011-2012
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., 1997)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A., 1994)