John F. Birath, Jr.
John Birath is a partner in Bricker & Eckler's Litigation group. He has a general civil litigation practice, including both commercial and tort litigation, with an emphasis on professional liability, including medical malpractice, personal injury and wrongful death. He represented a large hospital in more than 100 personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits brought by patients involved in overradiation misadventure, with resolution of the lawsuits within insurance coverage limits. He also served as trial counsel for a coalition of rural, suburban and urban public school districts and successfully challenged the constitutionality of Ohio's system of financing public primary and...
» See All Narrative
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Member, Columbus, Ohio State and American Bar Associations
Awards & Recognition
- Listed, Ohio Super Lawyers 2009-2014
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (Medical Malpractice; Personal Injury Litigation; Commercial Litigation) 2006-2014
- Ranked as AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Washington University (J.D. 1971); Editor-in-Chief, Urban Law Annual (1970-71)
- Miami University (B.A. 1968)