Christopher N. Swank
Chris Swank is a partner in Bricker & Eckler's Real Estate group. His practice includes commercial real estate law and real estate based commercial lending, emphasizing representation of financial institutions in connection with commercial real estate loans, including office buildings, market-rate apartments, condominiums, shopping centers, and multifamily low-income housing projects. He represents construction and permanent mortgage lenders in negotiation and documentation of commercial loans. His practice also includes general real estate matters, negotiating and drafting of leases, acquisition and sales contracts, and creation of residential and commercial condominiums.
He has served as lead counsel throughout Ohio, the Midwest and numerous other states for lenders in connection with conventional pre-development loans, equity bridge loans, acquisition and development loans and construction loans; for lenders in connection with loans for the acquisition, development and...
» See All Narrative
Presentations & Published Works
- "Tips for Obtaining RD 538 Permanent Loan Note Guaranty", Section 538 Rural Rental Housing (GRRH) Regional Conference, October 23-24, 2007, Rochester, New York
- "ABC's of Leasing", Bricker & Eckler LLP Lender Seminar, February 21, 2008
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Member, Ohio and Columbus Bar Associations
- Member, Columbus Bar Association Admissions Committee
Awards & Recognition
- Ohio Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2005-2015
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (real estate law) 2010-2015
- Recognized by ChambersUSA in Real Estate Law with a Band 3 ranking, 2013-2014; Band 4 ranking 2012; Up & Coming Individual ranking 2010-2011
- The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., with honors, 2002); Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity
- Miami University (B.A. magna cum laude, 1999)