Glenn S. Krassen
Glenn Krassen is partner in charge of Bricker & Eckler's Cleveland office. He is partner in charge of the firm's Shale, Oil and Gas practice group with more than 30 years of broad oil and gas experience.
Glenn practices in the areas of energy, public utilities, complex energy finance, corporate, and real estate, in addition to oil and gas. He represents the Northeast Ohio Public Energy Council, the largest public retail energy aggregation in the country, comprised of 166 northern Ohio counties, cities and townships, as well as other large public and private energy aggregation groups. He has served as bond and special energy counsel for the issuance of $4 billion of municipal electricity and natural gas prepayment bonds nationwide in the past decade.
Glenn regularly represents public and private entities nationally on complex energy finance issues and electric and gas competitive procurement and contracting issues; represents renewable energy developers and...
» See All Narrative
Professional & Community Activities
- Adjunct Professor, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Oil and Gas Law
- Member, Board of Trustees and former Vice President, HELP Foundation, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio
- Member, Ohio Oil and Gas Association
» See All Professional & Community Activities
Presentations & Published Works
- Speaker, “Royalty Reservations vs. Mineral Reservations,” Ohio State Bar Association CLE, August 2013
- Speaker, “Current Market Developments in Ohio and Related Accounting Issues,” The Ohio Society of CPAs 2013 Oil & Gas Conference, August 2013
- Authored "Municipal Electric Aggregation: A Valuable Tool to Enhance Residential and Small Customer Access to Retail Markets"; Capturing the Power of Electric Restructuring, American Bar Association, July 2009
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Member, American Bar Association; Ohio State Bar Association; (former chairman of the Natural Resources Committee; current member of the Public Utilities Committee); Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized by ChambersUSA in Natural Resources & Environment Law with a Band 4 ranking, 2011-2013; Band 3 ranking, 2014
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (energy law; natural resources law; oil & gas law) 2003-2014
- Ranked as AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
» See All Awards & Recognition
- The Ohio State University (J.D., 1980)
- The George Washington University (B.A. with distinction, 1977); Phi Beta Kappa