Assisted with transitioning all assets of a not-for-profit developmental disability service provider to another not-for-profit developmental disability service provider, forming one of the largest developmental disabilities service providers in Ohio in terms of revenue and consumers served.
Stephen R. Kleinman
He also advises hospice, long-term care providers and developmental disability service providers regarding regulatory and day-to-day operational issues.
- Member, Board of Directors, Association for the Developmentally Disabled
- Member, Board of Directors, Columbus Speech & Hearing Center
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association, Medical Staff Peer Review and Credentialing Practice Group
- Speaker, "Advanced Practice Providers: A Look at Trends Regarding Scope of Practice," QMCG Webinar, June 9, 2015
- Speaker, "A Second Look At Corrective Action – Understanding Available Options," Ohio Hospital Association Annual Meeting, June 9, 2015
- Speaker, "CMS CoPs: Unified Medical Staffs? Optometrist Appointments? Lots of Options," Ohio Hospital Association Annual Meeting, June 8, 2015
- Admitted, State of Ohio; State of North Carolina; State of West Virginia; United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit; United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association; Columbus Bar Association; West Virginia State Bar Association
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (Health Care Law), 2013–2017
- Listed, Ohio Super Lawyers (Health Care), 2010–2017
- Listed, Top 50 Columbus, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2015–2016
- Listed, Top 100 Ohio, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2016
- Recognized, Ohio Outstanding Health Care Litigators, Nightingale's Healthcare News, 2008
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2005–2007
- Ranked as AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Ohio State University (J.D., 1995)
- Cornell University (B.S., 1991)
OIG report finds noncompliance with Ohio hospice licensure requirements
Bricker attorneys named 2017 Ohio Super Lawyers
Bricker & Eckler attorneys earn Best Lawyers 2017 recognition
Bricker & Eckler attorneys selected for inclusion in the 2016 Ohio Super Lawyers list
Best Lawyers recognizes Bricker & Eckler attorneys
Bricker & Eckler attorneys named Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Stars
Worked with an operator of long-term acute care hospitals to resolve a dispute with an insurance carrier regarding Medicare and Medicaid plan payments. We identified the source of payment discrepancies, corrected prior incorrect billings and put appropriate measures in place to prevent future occurrences.
Represented a hospital system in multiple arbitration proceedings in a dispute with national payor relative to the implementation of sequestration cuts imposed following passage of the budget deficit reduction act.