Assisted with transitioning all assets of a not-for-profit developmental disability service provider to another not-for-profit developmental disability service provider, forming one of the largest developmental disabilities service providers in Ohio in terms of revenue and consumers served.
Stephen R. Kleinman
He represents clients in administrative proceedings before various licensing agencies and boards, and assists clients in Medicare and commercial insurance reimbursement issues, regulatory compliance matters and litigation.
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association, Medical Staff Peer Review and Credentialing Practice Group
- Speaker, "Advanced Practice Providers: A Look at Trends Regarding Scope of Practice," QMCG Webinar, June 9, 2015
- Speaker, "A Second Look At Corrective Action – Understanding Available Options," Ohio Hospital Association Annual Meeting, June 9, 2015
- Speaker, "CMS CoPs: Unified Medical Staffs? Optometrist Appointments? Lots of Options," Ohio Hospital Association Annual Meeting, June 8, 2015
- Admitted, State of Ohio; State of North Carolina; State of West Virginia; United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit; United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association; Columbus Bar Association; West Virginia State Bar Association
- Listed, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2010- 2015; Top 50 Columbus, 2015; Rising Star, 2005-2007;
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (health care law), 2012-2015
- Ranked, AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed, Nightingale’s Healthcare News, Ohio Outstanding Health Care Litigators, 2008
- The Ohio State University (J.D., 1995)
- Cornell University (B.S., 1991)
OIG report finds noncompliance with Ohio hospice licensure requirements
$4.8M paid in largest HIPAA settlement to date
Bricker & Eckler attorneys named Ohio Super Lawyers, Ohio Rising Stars
Best Lawyers recognizes Bricker & Eckler attorneys
Best Lawyers Bestows Honors on Bricker & Eckler Attorneys
Represented a hospital system in multiple arbitration proceedings in a dispute with national payor relative to the implementation of sequestration cuts imposed following passage of the budget deficit reduction act.