Bricker attorneys Beth Kastner, Shannon DeBra and Claire Turcotte will explore how COVID-19 has—at least temporarily—changed Stark and Anti-Kickback compliance for health care providers.
Topics to be discussed include:
- The Stark Law blanket waivers and Anti-Kickback Statute relaxation during the COVID-19 public health emergency (including the April 21, 2020, Explanatory Guidance on the blanket waivers)
- Avoiding pitfalls related to OIG informal guidance on Anti-Kickback Statute and Civil Monetary Penalties Law implications for arrangements directly connected to the COVID-19 public health emergency
- Best practices for structuring compliant arrangements during the COVID-19 public health emergency
- Other laws and practical considerations in using waivers
- What happens after the COVID-19 pandemic is over?