ODH issues guidance on redistributing COVID-19 vaccine doses
On January 15, 2021, the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) released COVID-19 Vaccine Redistribution Guidance for enrolled COVID-19 vaccine providers.
The guidance allows enrolled COVID-19 vaccine providers to redistribute or transport vaccines in certain situations in order to avoid vaccine waste, ensure timely vaccine administration, or assist in emergency situations such as a power outage.
COVID-19 vaccine providers should be mindful that:
- Movement of the vaccine is not a recommended practice but is permitted between enrolled providers upon approval by ODH.
- Vaccines should not be moved outside of the county of the originating provider and cannot be moved outside of Ohio.
- ODH approval to move vaccines should be requested using the COVID-19 Vaccine Request of Movement Form.
- Upon approval, providers should use the COVID-19 Vaccine Record of Movement Form to track the transport and inventory transferred.
- Providers must pack and move vaccines in accordance with manufacturer’s guidance.
This is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be legal advice and does not create or imply an attorney-client relationship.Download PDF