Financing and conversion of public hospital to nonprofit business
Assisted Adams County Regional Medical Center in its conversion from a county-owned hospital to a private health care provider. The transaction required obtaining bond financing for the acquisition and conversion of the hospital facilities, real property and assets, and resulted in the continuation of local care for Adams County residents.
Conversion of public hospital and affiliation with large health care system
Advised a government-owned hospital and worked with elected officials to convert a public hospital into a nonprofit business and large health care system affiliate. The transaction involved unique and negotiated features necessary to satisfy elected officials’ priorities, the community’s needs for local health care access, and the opportunities and efficiencies available through affiliation with a sophisticated tertiary care system.
Professional & Community Activities
- Mentor, Cristo Rey High School Students, 2016–2017
Presentations & Published Works
- Speaker, “The Straight Dope: Health-Care and Employment Implications of Ohio's Medical Marijuana Law,” Ohio Health Care Association Winter Conference, January 2020
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2016
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D.), 2016
- The Ohio State University (B.A. with Honors Distinction in Political Science and Economics), 2013