Amy S. Bartemes
Amy Bartemes is a partner whose practice focuses on commercial real estate law with an emphasis on the representation of real estate developers. A significant portion of Amy’s practices includes representation of school districts and prominent public entities in connection with a broad range of real estate transactions, such as purchase and leasing agreements, and land exchange agreements. She has a background representing clients before the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio on a variety of issues, including applicants before the Ohio Power Siting Board. She has considerable experience in civil and commercial litigation, including contract disputes and insurance defense. Additionally, Amy also has experience in providing real estate counsel to wireless communication networks.
Out of state purchase agreement
Served as local developer’s counsel in connection with the acquisition of an out-of-state property.
School district expansion
Represented a school district in the acquisition of property for the construction of a new school campus.
Acquisition and demolition of derelict property
Represented a hospital system in acquiring a portion of derelict land from the seller and prepared an agreement for the demolition of a building located on both the client and sellers’ property.
Acquisition of new headquarters
Represented a nonprofit organization in the acquisition of its new headquarters.
Acquisition of ice cream establishment
Assisted local fast-food chain owner in connection with the acquisition of an ice cream establishment.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Bricker & Eckler Recruiting Committee
- Member, CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women), Columbus, OH
- Past Member, International Right of Way Association
- Volunteer, United Way
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Chair, Real Property Committee, Columbus Bar Association, 2013-2015
- Member and Former Chair, Real Property Law Institute Planning Committee, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association; Ohio State Bar Association; Columbus Bar Association
- Admitted, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Admitted, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Admitted, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Awards & Recognition
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (Real Estate Law), 2020
- Listed, Who's Who in American Law
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- Vanderbilt University (J.D., 1993)
- Purdue University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1990)
- L'Universite of Strasbourg, France (certificate of proficiency in French, 1989)
- Oxford University, Magdalen College, Oxford, England (Institute on International and Comparative Law, 1991)