In 2019, Anthony and his wife became proud parents of an Old English Sheepdog/Poodle mix, Penny. Penny is 45 pounds of sweetness, joy and fluff.
Anthony Lelli is an employment and labor attorney with particular experience managing workers’ compensation claims.
Representing clients in Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) and Industrial Commission hearings, he evaluates medical records, prepares arguments and manages the progress of cases on behalf of clients. He has advanced knowledge of treatment authorizations, diagnosis allowances, disability benefits, vocational rehabilitation services, permanent impairment awards, and other topics related to compensatory award eligibility.
Having previously served as a staff attorney with the Ohio Court of Claims, Anthony is also familiar with state court processes. Specifically, he has worked with public records requests, complex construction matters, contract disputes and a variety of tort claims. He has also drafted judicial and administrative decisions and conducted informal mediations.
While completing law school, Anthony interned with Abercrombie & Fitch and was also a law clerk with a small Columbus-based firm.
COVID-19 management counseling
Helped clients understand their legal obligations under new labor and employment laws passed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Drafted work-from-home, leave, and reopening policies; advised on mass layoff obligations, terminations, furloughs, unemployment issues, and alternative work arrangements; and recommended best practices for essential workers, safe reopening, employee testing and health assessments, employee travel, and face covering requirements.
Professional & Community Activities
- Volunteer, Shoe Give, Rock City Church
Presentations & Published Works
- Speaker, "Impact of COVID on Hospitals as Employers," Ohio Society of Health Care Human Resources Administrators Fall Conference, October 2020
- Speaker, "Reducing Workers' Compensation and OSHA Liability during COVID-19 and Beyond," Hot Topics in Employment Law Seminar, October 2020
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2018
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D.), 2017; Executive articles editor, Ohio State Law Journal; Academic Merit Scholar
- Miami University, (B.S. in Information Systems), 2014
Anthony is a loyal alum of The Ohio State University. During football season, you can be sure to find him supporting the scarlet and grey.