N. Bradford Wells
Brad Wells is a health care attorney with robust experience in a wide variety of legal matters faced by health systems. As former in-house counsel with several sizes and types of health care providers, he knows firsthand how to help his clients strategically address their unique legal needs. Specifically, he assists with health care transactions, legal/regulatory compliance, and pre-litigation dispute resolution.
Negotiating contracts and agreements, Brad collaborates with health care clients to navigate the terms and conditions associated with employment agreements, real estate leasing and acquisition, and vendor and supply chain partnerships, as well as the purchase of medical equipment. Additionally, he represents health systems in pre-litigation disputes, governmental inquiries and regulatory investigations, probate court guardianship hearings, pre-litigation mediation/arbitration proceedings and administrative hearings. He also ensures compliance with the 340B drug pricing program, HIPAA, HITECH, EMTALA, graduate medical education, and fraud/abuse laws, educating his clients and supporting them through audits and investigations.
Brad is the former associate general counsel and director of legal services with Firelands Health, where he advised senior leadership and oversaw a legal team providing counsel across the Sandusky-based health conglomerate. Associated entities included a 200-bed hospital, a 34-bed psychiatric unit, ambulatory surgery center, over 80 provider physician group, a charitable foundation, durable medical equipment company, and a 7-county outpatient mental health provider. Additionally, Brad has law clerk experience with University Hospitals and MetroHealth Medical Center.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, North Coast Young Professionals
- Law Director Search Committee, City of Sandusky
Presentations & Published Works
- Speaker, "Banning Non-Competes? How the FTC’s Proposed Rule May Affect Physician Employment," Ohio Hospital Association Annual Meeting, June 2023
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2011
- Former member, Erie County Bar Association
- Former member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D. with a concentration in Health Law), 2011
Executive Notes Editor, 2010-2011
Associate Editor, 2009-2010
Health Matrix: The Journal of Law-Medicine, 2010-2011
Member, Student Health Law Association
- Miami University (B.A. in History and Political Science, 2007