An avid University of Cincinnati sports fan, Brian is the founder and owner of Bearcats Sports Radio, a blog and podcast that covers all things UC athletics. Brian is pictured here with UC head football coach, Luke Fickell, discussing the upcoming season.
Brian Fox is a member of our public finance team. His practice, however, is interdisciplinary given his background and unique grounding in litigation, business law, and service to local and regional governments. Brian’s courtroom experience is extensive as he has first-chaired bench and jury trials across Ohio. He leverages those trial experiences to advise public and private clients to soundly structure business relationships with an eye toward anticipating risk and conflict. For private sector clients, he advises business owners, nonprofits and religious institutions on matters of entity formation and raising capital, mergers and acquisitions, business transactions and contract disputes, shareholder derivative actions, and—when necessary—commercial litigation.
Numerous government bodies – including the State of Ohio, counties, cities, townships and school districts – have also relied on Brian’s counsel. For a community widely regarded as one of Ohio’s best places to live, Brian serves as the City of Madeira’s appointed Law Director/Solicitor. And, he routinely advises public sector clients on economic development projects, eminent domain, zoning code revision, compliance and litigation, Sunshine Laws, and the Open Meetings Act, as well as helping communities sort through thorny Constitutional issues.
Brian’s commitment and service to his native Butler County is well known and began even before he served as a judicial clerk for the Twelfth District Court of Appeals in Middletown, Ohio. Fast forward to present, Brian is serving his second four-year term on the Board of Directors for the Butler County Port Authority, which fuels economic development opportunities for businesses and communities throughout the county.
Professional & Community Activities
- Board of Directors, Butler County Port Authority
- Board of Directors, BLOC
- Board of Trustees, Mother Teresa Catholic Elementary School, Past
- President’s Advisory Board, Cincinnati Christian University, Past
- Member, The Federalist Society of Cincinnati Board of Directors
- Member, Association of Ohio Commodores
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Awards & Recognition
- Recipient, "40 Under Forty," Cincinnati Business Courier, 2020
- University of Cincinnati Law (J.D., 2010)
- Miami University (B.A. Political Science, 2005)
- Cincinnati Christian University (B.A. in Biblical Studies, 2002)