Brittney M. Herman
Brittney Herman is a tax attorney who counsels her clients on all aspects of state and federal taxation. She advises organizations with a variety of tax structures as well as within several industries, including health care entities, political organizations, foundations and trade associations, to name a few. She is committed to helping her clients navigate even the most complex tax rules and regulations, ensuring that exemptions, operational structures and transactions follow all guidelines. Brittney also assists with audits and assessment challenges.
After graduating law school, Brittney served as a faculty research fellow, teaching and writing a book about Abraham Lincoln’s legal career and presidency. Conversationally proficient in Spanish, during law school she also volunteered with a low-income taxpayer clinic, educating Spanish-speaking taxpayers on their responsibilities. She was a law clerk within the IRS Office of Chief Counsel, where she reviewed and prepared tax documents and met with taxpayers to conduct informal discovery and reach settlements.
Brittney is the founder and president of We Will, a nonprofit organization that aims to prevent sexual assault and empower survivors through formal and informal education, community growth and survivor support.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, National Association of Women Lawyers
- Founder and President, We Will
- Local Title Holder, Miss America Organization
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Utah, 2021 (only)
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M. in Taxation), 2021
- Brigham Young University J. Reuben Clark Law School (J.D., cum laude), 2020; Dean’s List; Featured Graduate, Second Place; Three Minute Thesis Competition; Senior Editor, Law Review; President, Women in Law Association, Moot Court, Tax and Estate Planning Club
- Tennessee Technical University (B.A. in English Literature, summa cum laude), 2017; Dean’s List; Best Undergraduate Student Project; Residential Scholar; Chair, University President’s Student Affairs Committee; Vice President, Sigma Tau Delta; Co-Captain, Swim Club