Brock A. Miskimen
Brock practices energy and environmental law and, most recently, served as chief legal counsel for the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR). In this notable position, he also advised the Oil and Gas Leasing Commission. He coordinated litigation involving ODNR with the Ohio Attorney General’s Office including the settlement of a multi-million-dollar litigation matter involving decades of flooding. Brock also managed outside counsel contracts and oversaw the in-house legal staff of over a dozen attorneys.
Prior to joining ODNR in 2013, Brock held several positions in federal, state and county offices. Specifically, he has worked at the Ohio Treasurer of State, Delaware County Probate Court with Judge Kenneth Spicer, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio with Judge Edmund Sargus, Jr., the Ohio House of Representatives and the United States House of Representatives.
Professional & Community Activities
- Lifetime Member, Miami University Alumni Association
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2010
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Listed, “People to Know - Young Lawyers,” Columbus Business First, 2017
- Capital University Law School (J.D.), 2010; Pro Bono Legal Honors for 82 hours of pro bono legal services
- Miami University (M.A. in Political Science), 2005
- Miami University (B.A. cum laude in Political Science), 2003
- Miami University John E. Dolibois European Center, Differdange Luxembourg