Brock A. Miskimen
Brock Miskimen practices energy, environmental and natural resources, government relations, campaign finance and election, estate planning and ethics law. Brock is also a member of Bricker's Southeast Ohio team. Brock worked in various government offices prior to joining Bricker & Eckler, giving him the expertise to assist clients in navigating the various levels of government.
Brock served as chief legal counsel for the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR). In this notable position, he also advised the Oil and Gas Leasing Commission. He coordinated litigation involving ODNR with the Ohio Attorney General's Office including the settlement of a multi-million-dollar litigation matter involving decades of flooding. Brock also managed outside counsel contracts and oversaw the in-house legal staff of over a dozen attorneys and professionals.
Prior to joining ODNR in 2013, Brock held several positions in federal, state and county offices. Specifically, he served on staff or did internships at the Ohio Treasurer of State, Delaware County Probate Court, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, the Ohio House of Representatives and the United States House of Representatives.
Professional & Community Activities
- Lifetime Member, Miami University Alumni Association
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2010
- Member, Ohio Lobbying Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Council on Government Ethics Laws
Awards & Recognition
- Listed, “People to Know - Young Lawyers,” Columbus Business First, 2017
- Capital University Law School (J.D.), 2010; Pro Bono Legal Honors for 82 hours of pro bono legal services
- Miami University (M.A. in Political Science), 2005
- Miami University (B.A. cum laude in Political Science), 2003
- Miami University John E. Dolibois European Center, Differdange Luxembourg