Brooke A. Mangiarelli
Brooke Mangiarelli is an associate in Bricker’s Public Finance Group. She has experience assisting clients with the negotiation and establishment of various economic development programs, including tax increment financing (TIF), community reinvestment area (CRA) abatements, joint economic development districts (JEDDs), and special assessment financing. Brooke serves a wide range of clients, including political subdivisions, financial institutions, and special purpose districts, including energy special improvement districts.
Brooke’s practice also focuses on property assessed clean energy (PACE) financing, which allows property owners to access innovative financing for energy saving and renewable energy improvements.
Brooke is a 2018 graduate of The Ohio State University’s Moritz College of Law. While in law school, she was an editor of The Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution’s online publication, the Mayhew-Hite Report, and served on the Public Interest Law Foundation Executive Board. Brooke’s prior experience includes judicial externships with Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor and Federal Magistrate Judge Kimberly A. Jolson.
Presentations & Published Works
- Presenter, “Local Income Tax Incentives,” Ohio Economic Development Institute, Columbus, Ohio, August 2021
- Presenter, “Underwriting & Legal: C-PACE Credit Underwriting and the Legal Closing Process,” PACENation Summit 2021, June 2021
- Presenter, "American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA): Impact on Local Governments & Small Businesses," Toledo Regional Chamber of Commerce, Toledo, Ohio, April 2021
- Presenter, "Ohio’s Enterprise Zone (EZ) Program and Law Webinar,” Ohio Economic Development Institute, Columbus, Ohio, April 2021
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2018
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., cum laude), 2018; Ernest E. Karam Book Award for Excellence in Legal Analysis and Writing; Public Service Fellow with Dean’s Special Recognition; CALI Excellence for the Future Award in International Law; CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Analysis and Writing
- The Ohio State University (B.A., international relations and diplomacy, magna cum laude), 2014