Chad J. Smith
Chad Smith is a litigator who represents a wide range of clients in a variety of routine and complex legal matters. His experience includes insurance litigation, eDiscovery, corporate governance, contract law, corporate formations and venture capital financings. He has significant experience working on both plaintiff-side and defense-side litigation.
Providing counsel that spans various areas of the law, he also provides and facilitates guidance on matters that include elements of employment, securities and tort law.
In the past, he has worked on all aspects of cases including preparing pleadings, conducting both dispositive and discovery related motion practice, managing offensive and defensive discovery, conferring negotiations, assisting in deposition preparation, conducting research on substantive elements of litigation, and developing case strategy with other attorneys.
Chad is a former employee of the City of Columbus Civil Service Commission where he gained valuable skills working with the Administrative and Uniformed Testing divisions.
Presentations & Published Works
- Co-author, “Rule 30(b)(6) May See First Substantive Change in Nearly 50 Years,” New York Law Journal, 2018
- Co-author, “State Pay Equity Laws: Where a Few Go, Many May Follow,” ABA LEL Annual Conference on Labor & Employment Law, 2017
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2021
- Admitted, State of West Virginia, 2018
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D.), 2017; Articles Editor, Ohio State Law Journal; Student Senator; Member, Admissions Committee
- The Ohio State University (B.A. in Economics and Political Science), 2013