Christopher P. Gordon
Chris Gordon leverages his experience as a federal law clerk to deliver results through all stages of litigation, with experience advocating in high-stakes briefing to trial and appeals. Chris litigates business disputes, including corporate shareholder disputes, oil and gas lease disputes, construction and design-defect claims, guaranty and loan disputes, public bid disputes, and fiduciary-duty litigation. Clients rely on Chris to provide honest, business-savvy advice along with sophisticated courtroom representation.
Prior to entering private practice, Chris served as a law clerk for both federal appellate and trial court judges. As a law clerk, Chris worked on matters ranging from First Amendment claims to class action litigation to excessive-force claims. He clerked under the Honorable James L. Graham of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio and under the Honorable Alan E. Norris of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Professional & Community Activities
- Counsel, Appellate Rules Committee, Ohio Supreme Court Commission on Practice and Procedure
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2014
- Admitted, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Admitted, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation), 2021–2022
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2014)
- The Ohio State University (B.A. in Geography and International Studies, cum laude, 2010)