Elizabeth C. Stock
Liz Stock represents a variety of health care and other businesses in employment-related litigation involving discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour, protected leave and other employment law claims under federal and state law. She is highly experienced in handling investigations and training and advising clients on a range of employment issues, such as Family Medical Leave Act compliance, reasonable accommodation issues, wage and hour matters, and disciplinary issues.
Additionally, Liz drafts employment policies, handbooks, severance agreements and employment agreements. She frequently provides training on topics including sexual harassment, Americans with Disabilities Act, FMLA, interviewing and hiring, and wage and hour issues.
Liz's extensive experience includes five years spent working as in-house employment counsel for a large Medicaid managed care organization.
Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals oral argument
Successfully argued an age discrimination and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) retaliation case before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals on behalf of a large manufacturing client.
Executive-level discrimination investigation
Served as an external investigator for a large organization in response to allegations of race and gender discrimination reported against a member of the organization's senior leadership team. Conducted multiple witness interviews, reviewed relevant documents and prepared a report of highly confidential findings, along with recommendations for next steps.
COVID-19 management counseling
Helped clients understand their legal obligations under new labor and employment laws passed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Drafted work-from-home, leave, and reopening policies; advised on mass layoff obligations, terminations, furloughs, unemployment issues, and alternative work arrangements; and recommended best practices for essential workers, safe reopening, employee testing and health assessments, employee travel, and face covering requirements.
Professional & Community Activities
- Advisory Board Member, Grow PBPO, Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio
- Member, Ohio Child Care Resource and Referral Agency Board of Directors
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2002
- Admitted, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Admitted, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Admitted, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Member, Cincinnati Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Up and Coming, ChambersUSA (Labor & Employment Law), 2014
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2012–2014
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., with honors), 2002; Staff member, Ohio State Law Journal
- Miami University (B.A. in psychology, magna cum laude), 1998