A lifetime resident of northern Ohio, Julie loves exploring everything that Ohio has to offer with her family and convincing others of Ohio’s greatness. From the north coast of Lake Erie to the cliffs of Hocking Hills, there is no shortage of beauty or adventure.
Julie Vaccaro is a forward-thinking and results-driven law firm administrator with more than a decade of experience in the legal industry. An attorney herself, she oversees strategy for the effective management of profitability and pricing by balancing client needs, objective data and subjective subject matter expertise.
At Bricker & Eckler, Julie works with clients and attorneys to create innovative and practical solutions to increase efficiency, facilitate collaboration and improve law firm economics. She regularly advises on the firm’s profitability performance, portfolio reporting and analyses, as well as the advancement of operational efficiencies as it relates to pricing. She provides direction and development strategies to establish policies and tools to ensure matters are executed efficiently and within established budgets.
Professional & Community Activities
- Mentor, College Now Greater Cleveland
- Class of 2020, Striving for Excellence: Women in Leadership Program, PRADCO
- Board Member, Avon Lake’s Environmental Advisory Action Board, 2017-2020
Presentations & Published Works
- Presenter, “Law Firm Structure, Strategy, & Economics,” Legal Marketing Association Annual Conference, April 2018
- Presenter, “How to Handle Resistant Uninsured Tortfeasors,” National Association of Subrogation Professionals Webinar, July 2014
- Author, “Almost There: Releasing a Settled Claim,” National Association of Subrogation Professionals Subrogator Magazine, Spring/Summer 2014
- Presenter, “Pending Balances, Surprise Claims, and Final Releases: Best Practices to Preserve Entire Claim Amounts,” National Association of Subrogation Professionals Annual Conference, November 2013
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, Supreme Court of Ohio
- Admitted, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Awards & Recognition
- In Progress, Accredited Legal Pricing Professional, True Value Partnering Institute
- White Belt Certification, Legal Lean Sigma and Project Management, Legal Lean Sigma Institute
- The Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude); Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Law and Health; Judicial Extern for the Honorable Ann Aldrich (U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio)
- Bowling Green State University (B.A. in History and English Literature, summa cum laude)
Even though Ohio is “the heart of it all,” it is home to only one U.S. National Park. To date, Julie has visited one-third of America’s 62 National Parks with the goal of experiencing them all and sharing her favorites with her girls. Topping her list so far? Zion, Dry Tortugas and Glacier.