Katy and her husband Mike, who is also an attorney, enjoy spending time with their two children, Grant and Caroline.
Professional & Community Activities
- Co-Founder and Director, Springfield High School Mock Trial/Moot Court Program, 2011–present
- Member, Springfield City School District Business Advisory Council, 2015-present
- Secretary, Junior Achievement of Mad River Region Board, 2015–present
- Former Member, Community Mercy Foundation Board, 2010–2018 (Treasurer, 2014–2017)
- Former coordinator, St. Teresa Liturgical Ministry, 2007–2014
- Former member, Springfield Arts Council, 2006–2007
- Former member, Junior Service League, 2001–2003
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 1995
- Admitted, State of Kentucky, 1994
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association, 2005–present
- Member, Clark County Bar Association, 2005–present
Awards & Recognition
- Eiler Award for Mock Trial Coaching Excellence, Ohio Center for Law-Related Education, 2018
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D.), 1994
- University of Kentucky (B.S. in Accounting), 1991
Since settling in Clark County in 2001, Katy and her family have been actively involved in the Springfield community.
Katy is the founder of the Springfield High School Mock Trial/Moot Court Program. In her spare time, you will find her working with high school students to help them prepare for intense competitions. In addition to participating in the statewide Ohio Center for Law Related Education Program, her students have competed at Empire International Mock Trial Tournaments in San Francisco, New York and Atlanta, and in the one-on-one Gladiator Mock Trial Competition in California.