Lauren C. Curto
Lauren Curto is an asset to the firm’s litigation team, providing support to all legal departments in the areas of e-discovery training, project management, processing, document review and production. Lauren was previously a project attorney, and her experience includes high-volume document review, document production quality control reviews and overall litigation strategy.
She is also a Relativity Certified User involved in training and implementing user-based applications and platforms for all new attorneys and practice groups and advancing the firm’s knowledge of such tools.
Furthermore, as a Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) and a OneTrust Certified Professional, Lauren assists clients by providing guidance and strategic administration of in-house privacy management software for risk and compliance assessments as well as privacy governance analysis and consulting.
Lauren previously interned with several Ohio governmental organizations and is involved with community-based organizations.
Bricker’s “Petition Analyzer” provides innovation solution
Recently, using Relativity software as a basis, the firm’s litigation support team built a custom solution, “Petition Analyzer”, to help a client address out-of-state interests engaged in questionable practices while collecting the 305,000 signatures needed to get a proposed Constitutional Amendment issue on the November 2018 general election ballot. The team developed a highly-automated application to fully review part-petitions on behalf of the client. The application identifies deficiencies by scanning the petitions against other data sources, including ID and address records. Key data can be extracted and useful reports can be generated, allowing attorneys to investigate large-scale trends generated by the system and build their case using accurate statistics. This system allowed our attorneys to review over 300,000 signatures on 20,000 part petitions filed all over the state of Ohio in just 4 days. Read more >>
Customized technology solutions
In 2017, Bricker & Eckler’s litigation support team developed a highly-customized technology solution for a natural gas distributor involved in an interstate pipeline project. Using Relativity as the basis and layering multiple applications, we organized both electronic and physical information related to thousands of easements, leasing agreements and other transactional documents and managed the data of more than 1,200 landowners, 3,600 tracts and a significant number of lawsuits in real-time. The system allowed Bricker’s litigation group and the client to generate all documents needed to initiate the necessary legal processes with a click of a button – a noteworthy success, considering the various sources and formats of the required information.
Professional & Community Activities
- Board Member and Event Co-Chair, Yes! Columbus
- Certified Information Privacy Manager
- OneTrust Certified Professional
- Relativity Certified User
- Member, International Legal Technology Association
- Member, Women in E-Discovery
- Member, Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Member, Women's Energy Network
- Columbus Ambassador, TheSkimm
Presentations & Published Works
- Presenter, "Privacy and Security Challenges with Remote Learning", OSBA Conference, November 2020
- Presenter, "Understanding and Minimizing the Risk of Data Loss and Cyber Incidents", OML Conference, November 2020
- Presenter, "Understanding and Minimizing the Risk of Data Loss and Cyber Incidents", MFOA Conference, October 2020
- Speaker, “Technology Tools and Data Privacy,” Ohio School Boards Association Capital Conference, November 2019.
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2014
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D.), 2014
- The Ohio State University (B.A., political science, cum laude), 2010
Bricker wins an unprecedented second-consecutive Relativity Innovation award
Bricker took home the 2018 Relativity Award for “Best Law Firm or Corporation Innovation” at this year’s Relativity Fest e-discovery conference. Bricker dazzled the legal tech community – and the judges – with its Petition Analyzer solution.More Oct 4, 2018