Matthew D. Gurbach
Matthew D. Gurbach is a diversified trial attorney that represents individuals and corporations in complex business litigation and product liability disputes across diverse industries. He has extensive experience litigating high-stakes matters involving alleged trade secret misappropriation, breaches of contact, business torts, and product liability claims. Clients rely upon his pragmatism and, if necessary, his willingness to take their case to trial. He regularly handles matters for domestic and international clients in courtrooms throughout the United States and before arbitration tribunals.
Matthew is a member of the steering committee of the Defense Research Institute (DRI)’s Product Liability Committee, which includes 18 Specialized Litigation Groups and 3,200 members. He regularly lectures on trade secret protection, alternative dispute resolution, evidence, e-discovery, and trial tactics.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Board of Trustees, 2017–present
- Member, Federal Bar Association Board of Directors, Northern District of Ohio Chapter, 2015–2018
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, Supreme Court of Ohio, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Member, American Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Listed, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2018–2020
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2013–2017
- Graduated, Leadership Mahoning Valley
- Inducted, The Order of Barristers, 2003
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, (J.D.), 2003
- Youngstown State University, (A.B., magna cum laude), 2000