Whether it’s a catching a game at Great American Ballpark or a weekend on Lake Cumberland, Nick and his wife love planning “mini adventures” for their family of six.
Nick Ziepfel is experienced in all forms of civil litigation against public and private entities in state and federal trial and appellate courts. In addition, he often represents business and individual clients’ interests before government agencies including the DOL and EEOC. His practice is focused on client counseling, litigation, and dispute resolution for businesses and individuals. He frequently counsels and trains human resources staff, supervisors and employees on employment-related matters and works with employers on workplace dispute resolutions.
Nick has represented many local governments, school districts and other organizations in matters including public records requests, public funding procedures, Ohio’s Sunshine Laws, real estate disputes, and zoning and drafting compliance. His areas of practice include municipalities/public entities, public records, start-ups, health care, labor and employment, and business litigation.
Nick currently serves as the City Attorney for the City of Trenton, Ohio, and has served on the boards of a number of nonprofits in the Hamilton and Butler County communities.
Professional & Community Activities
- Board of Directors, Community First Solutions
- Board of Directors, Fitton Center
- Board of Trustees, Greater Hamilton Chamber of Commerce
- Advisory Board, Junior Achievement, Butler and Warren Counties
- Board of Directors, Hamilton Economic Development Corporation
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Awards & Recognition
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers (Employment & Labor: Employer; Employment Litigation: Defense; Civil Litigation: Defense), 2015-2021
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D.), 2010; recipient, A.K. Stephenson Foundation Scholarship; recipient, Hamilton Community Foundation Scholarship
- Miami University (B.S. in Business), 2007; Member, Miami Redhawk Formula S.A.E.; recipient, A.K. Stephenson Foundation Scholarship