Sean R. Lehman
Sean Lehman is a construction attorney who represents public and private sector owners throughout the entire project life cycle. Sean counsels clients on the various delivery models and guides them through the processes to procure design and construction professionals, drafts and negotiates complex design and construction contracts, advises and assists clients during the administration of the contracts, and zealously advocates for clients to resolve disputes with contractors, design professionals, and local governments, should they arise.
In addition to his construction practice, Sean advises the firm’s public sector clients on other areas of the law which may be implicated during the construction project, including election law as it relates to levy and bond issues, Ohio ethics law as it relates to public contracting, Ohio public records law as it relates to project documentation, the Ohio open meetings law as it relates to meetings of public owners, and more.
Prior to joining Bricker, Sean worked as a judicial extern for the Honorable Jeffrey S. Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and as a law clerk for Judge Timothy S. Horton with the Tenth District Court of Appeals for the State of Ohio.
Professional & Community Activities
- Chair, Board of Directors, FLEX High School
Presentations & Published Works
- Presenter, “ARPA Local Fiscal Recovery Funds’ Dos & Don’ts: What’s eligible, and how can you buy it?,” County Sanitary Engineers Association of Ohio, Columbus, Ohio, June 2021
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2017
- Capital University Law School (J.D.), 2017; Editor, Capital University Law Review; Presidential Merit Scholarship Award
- Ohio University (B.S., Sports Management), 2014