Timothy E. Wieher
Tim Wieher is a highly-accomplished attorney and compliance executive. With a robust background in business, finance, taxation and accounting, he blends both leadership and operational management experience with first-rate legal counsel. Specifically, Tim’s practice focuses on the fintech industry, financial services regulatory matters and financial, real estate and corporate transactions. He has been involved in many complex and high-value transactions, providing thought-leadership and guidance through significant business challenges.
Tim’s legal and managerial background is impressive. He recently served as general counsel and chief compliance officer for an innovative fintech leader in the business finance industry that has funded more than $7 billion working capital to its commercial customers. He also held several high-level positions, serving as a chief compliance officer for GE Capital's direct segment, which provided capital to businesses of all types throughout North America. Earlier in his career, Tim was an associate in the Chicago office of two large national and global law firms.
Tim is known for providing practical legal guidance in complex transactions for sophisticated clients based on real-world operational experience and understands his clients' needs from their perspective. He is focused on providing world-class legal counsel in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Practice temporarily authorized pending admission under Gov. Bar R.I, Sec. 19, State of Ohio
- Admitted, State of Illinois, 2005
- Admitted, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2006
Awards & Recognition
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers (Tax Law), 2009
- Recipient, GE Capital Americas Legal Value Award, 2012
- Recipient, Corporate Finance Leadership Award, 2011
- Recipient, GE Capital Americas Legal Department “Rookie of the Year” Award, 2011
- Loyola University Chicago (J.D. with Federal Tax Certificate), 2005
- Loyola University Chicago (Master of Laws in Tax Law), 2008
- Loyola University Chicago (Master of Science in Accountancy), 2010
- Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management (M.B.A), 2013
- Southern Illinois University at Carbondale (B.S. in Aviation Management), 2000
- Southern Illinois University at Carbondale (A.A.S. in Aviation Flight), 1999
Recapitalization of FinTech borrower
Represented a privately held borrower in the FinTech space to recapitalize the company, which included amending and restructuring its $40 million corporate credit facility, its $250 million warehouse facility, and multiple warrants for various classes of both common and preferred equity. In connection with the