Ty assists at Granville High School football games as a member of the chain crew.
Tyler Compton is an attorney in Bricker & Eckler’s Public Finance Group and has a practice focused on economic development projects, including commercial and residential Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE and R-PACE) financing. He has experience with state and local tax, including sales and use tax, Commercial Activity Tax and construction contract issues.
Ty is a 2018 graduate of The Ohio State University's Moritz College of Law. While at OSU, he served as business editor of the Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution and as vice president of the school’s Sport and Entertainment Law Association.
Ty earned his B.A. magna cum laude in Sports Management from Otterbein, where he was captain of the varsity football team and played on the varsity baseball team, in addition to earning Academic All-Ohio Athletic Conference and Academic All-American honors during his college career. For five years, Ty was co-owner of CompTwins Enterprises in Granville, working with local banks to maintain foreclosed homes for resale. During his previous summers, he worked for First Federal Savings and Loan in Newark and also as a law clerk for Brian Miller Co., LPA in Columbus.
$120 million mixed-use development project
Successfully led the closing of a mixed-use public-private development project in downtown Columbus, Ohio. Served multiple roles in the project’s financing, including as bond counsel to the developer, commercial loan bank representative and legal counsel for PACE financing.
Presentations & Published Works
- Presenter, "County Land Banks: Overview and Future Directions," County Commissioners Association of Ohio, Columbus, Ohio, March 2021
- Presenter, "Revitalize Blighted Properties with Land Banks," Lorman Live Webinar, November 19, 2020
- Co-author, "The Tax Angles of Ohio’s COVID-19 Response," Tax Notes State, August 3, 2020
- Co-author, “Tax Increment Financing—Not Just for Public Use,” Ohio Municipal Service, Thomson Reuters, November/December 2019 (Volume 30, Issue 4)
- Co-author, "The Expanding Reach of Ohio’s Commercial Activity Tax," State Tax Notes, May 20, 2019
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Graduate, Columbus Bar Association's Barristers Leadership Program, 2021
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2018
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D.), 2018
- Otterbein University (B.A., sports management, magna cum laude), 2015