Zachary D. Eddy
Zach's practice focuses on a wide range of energy sectors and issues, from oil & gas development to renewable projects and from acquisition to disposition of large-scale energy projects. In the energy space, Zach has vast transactional experience, having negotiated a variety of transactional real estate documents, including leases, easements, purchase and sale agreements and other land use agreements. He also has extensive litigation experience, having represented clients from case inception all the way through the appeal process, in a variety of energy contexts, including oil & gas litigation and easement/land use disputes.
Aside from his extensive energy experience, Zach also has considerable experience in commercial real estate matters, general business litigation and estate planning. Zach represents both private and public sector clients, but he also enjoys taking time to devote to pro bono efforts, including volunteering to help tenants navigate the eviction process.
Zach is a native of Southeast Ohio and is committed to the long-term success of not only his clients but the region at-large.
Goal-setting for southeastern Ohio communities' short-term development
Advised five local governments in Ohio’s Appalachian Region in pursuing near-term economic development goals. Provided plan deliverables to each community, with recommended steps to be taken in expanding broadband access, developing “spec” buildings, financing public improvements, and using one-time American Rescue Plan Act funds for critical infrastructure.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Ohio Oil & Gas Association
- Member, Southeastern Ohio Oil & Gas Association
Presentations & Published Works
- Speaker, "Connecting the Dots: Probating Oil & Gas Interests", 2019 Oil and Gas Update, Ohio State Bar Association, November 2019
- “Can’t we just try federalism? In defense of a state-by-state approach to fracking,” Michigan State University College of Law Journal of Animal and Natural Resource Law, 2017
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, United States District Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- Admitted, United States District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2017
- Admitted, State of West Virginia, 2018
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Recipient, New Attorney Pro Bono Award, Legal Aid Society Columbus (LASC), 2018
- Michigan State University (J.D., cum laude), 2017; Executive Editor, MSU College of Law Journal of Animal & Natural Resource Law; Geoffrey Fieger Trial Practice Institute; Jeffrey and Cynthia Littman Conservation Law Scholarship
- Marietta College (B.A., cum laude, Political Science), 2014; Marietta College Moot Court Team; Chairman, Marietta College Republicans; Phi Sigma Alpha Honor Society; Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society; Ronald Reagan Young Republican Chairman’s Volunteerism Award