Zachary D. Eddy
Zach's unique practice focuses on counseling business clients on a variety of corporate and transactional matters, including business formation, private securities offerings and blue-sky compliance, corporate governance, contract drafting and negotiation, mergers & acquisitions, and more. Zach’s transactional practice often involves drafting and negotiating real estate acquisition, development and disposition in both the commercial and residential contexts, including leases, easements, purchase and sale agreements, and other land use agreements.
In addition, Zach assists clients in the energy sector on a wide range of issues ranging from oil & gas development to renewable projects. Aside from his transactional focus, he also has extensive litigation experience, having represented clients from case inception through the appeal process, in a variety of energy contexts, including oil & gas litigation and easement/land use disputes.
Zach represents both private individuals and businesses, as well as public sector clients, primarily in the region covered by the firm’s Southeast Ohio initiative.
Multi-state mortgage lender acquisition transaction closing
Closed complex transaction spanning over a nine-month time period, involving the acquisition by client purchaser of a regulated multi-state mortgage lender, including negotiation and completion of a $10 million subordinated debt facility, a $17 million securities offering to investors in over 20 states, structuring the acquisition transaction and roll-over of equity and several other related joint venture transactions.
Goal-setting for southeastern Ohio communities' short-term development
Advised five local governments in Ohio’s Appalachian Region in pursuing near-term economic development goals. Provided plan deliverables to each community, with recommended steps to be taken in expanding broadband access, developing “spec” buildings, financing public improvements, and using one-time American Rescue Plan Act funds for critical infrastructure.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Ohio Oil & Gas Association
- Member, Southeastern Ohio Oil & Gas Association
Presentations & Published Works
- Speaker, "Connecting the Dots: Probating Oil & Gas Interests", 2019 Oil and Gas Update, Ohio State Bar Association, November 2019
- “Can’t we just try federalism? In defense of a state-by-state approach to fracking,” Michigan State University College of Law Journal of Animal and Natural Resource Law, 2017
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, United States District Court, Northern District of West Virginia
- Admitted, United States District Court, Southern District of West Virginia
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2017
- Admitted, State of West Virginia, 2018
- Member, Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Recipient, New Attorney Pro Bono Award, Legal Aid Society Columbus (LASC), 2018
- Michigan State University (J.D., cum laude), 2017; Executive Editor, MSU College of Law Journal of Animal & Natural Resource Law; Geoffrey Fieger Trial Practice Institute; Jeffrey and Cynthia Littman Conservation Law Scholarship
- Marietta College (B.A., cum laude, Political Science), 2014; Marietta College Moot Court Team; Chairman, Marietta College Republicans; Phi Sigma Alpha Honor Society; Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society; Ronald Reagan Young Republican Chairman’s Volunteerism Award