Insights & Resources
Athletic Compliance Resource Center
The athletic compliance regulatory framework is evolving in near real-time. As rules and regulations increase in quantity and complexity, and the costs of non-compliance are felt far beyond the playing field, institutions are left trying to balance being competitive and being compliant.
Our athletic compliance team, comprised of attorneys, paralegals, consultants, and higher education specialists, believes that the best defense is a good offense. Our team can help your institution build a compliance program that meets today’s obligations while keeping an eye on tomorrow.
Whatever the state of your existing compliance program, our multifaceted team can help assess your obligations, identify potential gaps in your day-to-day operations, develop appropriate policies and procedures, and train employees and those close to your program.
Don't miss an update! Follow us on Twitter.
Our team is particularly experienced in:
- Title IX compliance and investigations, including the NCAA Policy on Campus Sexual Violence (check out our Title IX and athletics resource page here)
- Operationalizing Name, Image and Likeness
- Student-athlete safety and well-being
- Enforcement investigations
- Eligibility reviews
- Policy and procedure reviews including student-athlete handbooks
- Intellectual property portfolio development and management
- Multimedia streaming rights agreements, product licensing, and sponsorship
- Facilities compliance
College-wide and team-specific NIL deals: Considerations for colleges and universities to avoid unwanted consequencesMore
Butcher discusses NCAA’s lack of NIL clarity in Inside Higher Ed article
Higher ed attorney Erin Butcher explains the NCAA’s lack of clarity on NIL prohibited conduct creates confusion over allowable NIL contracts, especially NIL deals for teams or groups of student athletes at one college or university.More Jan 5, 2022