Brodi J. Conover
Brodi Conover assists clients with litigation and appellate matters, focusing primarily on the representation of government entities in a variety of complex litigation matters in state and federal court. Brodi has successfully represented public and private clients at all stages of litigation—temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions, obtaining judgment on dispositive motions, and prevailing in the courtroom at hearings and trial. Brodi also provides law director services to township, municipal and school district clients, particularly on Ohio Sunshine Laws, election law and constitutional issues.
Brodi has extensive appellate experience. Prior to entering private practice, Brodi served as a law clerk to Justice R. Patrick DeWine of the Supreme Court of Ohio. In addition, he has successfully litigated a wide variety of cases at the Supreme Court of Ohio, numerous Ohio courts of appeals and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals throughout his career.
Brodi served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Ohio where he represented the state and the state’s elected officials in complex litigation. While at the Attorney General’s Office, he was a member of the Public Records Unit, where he helped to draft the annual Ohio Sunshine Laws Manual, advised state agencies on Ohio’s Public Records Act and Open Meetings Act, and trained Ohio’s elected officials, lawyers and the public.
Professional & Community Activities
- Commission on the Thomas J. Moyer Ohio Judicial Center, 2021
- United Way of Warren County, Board Member, 2018 – Present
- Ohio Humanities Council, Board Member, 2012 – Present
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2014
- Admitted, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Admitted, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Admitted, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Awards & Recognition
- Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers in America (Appellate Practice; Commercial Litigation; Government Relations Practice), 2021–2023
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers (Legislative & Government Affairs), 2021-2022
- Recipient, Ohio Attorney General Excellence in Writing Award, 2016
- Recipient, Herman Moot Court Competition Best Brief, 2013
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D.), 2014
- Georgetown University (B.A., Government), 2011