An avid runner and strength enthusiast, Liz has powered her way through numerous races, including the Heart Mini Marathon, the Flying Pig and the Boston Marathon, as well as the Caesar’s Creek Triathlon.
Elizabeth F. Martini
Liz Martini is a seasoned legal professional who, for more than 30 years, has provided counsel to corporations and small and large businesses, particularly within the financial services and insurance industries. As someone who has held both leadership and board executive positions, she is known for developing creative solutions and facilitating change for businesses. She is strategic, collaborative and energetic, offering varied and excellent representation.
Specifically, Liz serves her business clients with general advisory services; corporate formation and operating agreements; managing disputes; regulatory monitoring and interpretation; compliance training, interpretation and process; and contract review, negotiation and creation. Additionally, she has managed and advised companies on market conduct examinations and worked extensively in state and federal lobbying. She also has experience in estate planning.
As the former vice president and counsel with a life and annuity company, Liz served as a high-level strategic legal advisor. She helped the company navigate legal and regulatory risks, spearheaded lobbying efforts, handled investigation and compliance issues, led privacy and anti-money laundering initiatives, and advised IT and accounting on compliance and contract-related issues. Additionally, she worked for more than two decades with a life and disability insurance provider, serving as vice president and general counsel. In that role, she led a full legal team and represented the company on a myriad of legal and regulatory issues. Notably, Liz managed litigation in all 50 states and implemented a successful subrogation program, recouping several million dollars of lost claims revenues.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Board of Directors, YMCA of Greater Cincinnati (Governance and Operations Committees), 2012-2020
- Board Chair, Gamble-Nippert YMCA, 2010-2020
- Board Member and Counsel, Cincinnati Urban Promise
- Donor/Volunteer, United Way Women’s Initiative Next Generation and Tocqueville Society
- Volunteer Attorney, Pro Bono Partnership
- Member, Western Hills Community Service Club
- Member, BNI Western Hills
Presentations & Published Works
- Presenter, “Creating a Power of Attorney – 8 Critical Mistakes to Avoid”
- Presenter, "Power Hour with Elizabeth Martini – Living Wills and Life Choices to Make Now," Clippard Family YMCA, June 2021
- Presenter, "Trust Me – You Need a Will"
- Presenter, Paycheck Protection Guidance for Sole Proprietors
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 1984
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Cincinnati Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Recipient, Wise Woman Award (honoring the tri-state’s most accomplished women leaders by Deloitte Financial and Risk Advisory Group), 2018
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D.), 1984
- Ohio Northern University (B.A. in English Literature and Pre-law, cum laude), 1981