Samuel Lewis, P.E., S.E.
Sam Lewis is a registered professional engineer in the State of Ohio with several years of structural engineering experience. As a structural engineer, Sam was involved in the design of several buildings, including university facilities, a hospital addition, a convention center, as well as bridges and other transportation structures. He also provided construction inspections and audited the quality control programs of precast concrete plants throughout the U.S. and Canada.
While attending law school, Sam worked as a Bricker & Eckler Construction Fellow, which allowed him to assist attorneys with various construction law matters. As a Fellow, he was exposed to differing site conditions claims, defective work claims, defective design claims, mechanics’ liens, defenses to OSHA citations and construction-related transactional law.
As an attorney working with the firm’s construction law team, Sam focuses on both litigation and transactional construction law matters for both owners and contractors. Sam’s unique background allows him to more quickly grasp the underlying issues in construction-related issues.
Ross County Contractor Dispute Resolution
Represented the County in dispute with contractor and surety following contractor’s voluntary default during the project.
Professional & Community Activities
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of Ohio
- Registered Structural Engineer, State of Illinois
Presentations & Published Works
- Speaker, “Specific Claims: Unforeseen Site Conditions,” Top Gun Construction Claims Seminar, November 2016
Bar Admissions & Activities
- Admitted, State of Ohio, 2018
Awards & Recognition
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers, (Construction Litigation), 2023
- Recipient, Raymond C. Reese Research Prize, American Society of Civil Engineers/Structural Engineering Institute
- Capital University Law School (J.D., summa cum laude), 2018
- University of Tennessee at Knoxville (M.S., Civil Engineering – Structural Engineering Concentration), 2009; Teaching assistant in various structural engineering classes; Assistant to Dr. Edwin Burdette
- Ohio University (B.S., Civil Engineering, magna cum laude, 2007; Member, Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society; Marshal, Chi Epsilon Civil Engineering Honor Society
Bricker & Eckler attorneys earn Best Lawyers 2017 recognition
A total of 66 attorneys from Bricker & Eckler LLP, representing 47.5 percent of the firm’s lawyers, were chosen by their peers for recognition in this year’s edition of The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 (copyright 2016 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC).More Aug 15, 2016